What is PA 211 Southwest?
PA 211 Southwest is part of the national 211 Call Centers initiative that seeks to provide an easy-to-remember telephone number, chat, text, and a web resource for finding health and human services– for everyday needs and in crisis situations.
PA 211 Southwest is brought to you by United Way of Southwestern Pennsylvania in collaboration with Peoples Gas, Duquesne Light Company, International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, and Philanthropy at PNC. Together with local county government and provider agencies we work to ensure important local program information is accessible through our helpline when it is most needed.
Every day, highly trained 211 call specialists provide referrals to:
- Basic Human Needs Resources: food banks, shelters, rent and utility payment assistance
- Physical and Mental Health Resources: crisis intervention services, support groups, counseling
- Employment Support: financial assistance, job training, education programs
- Support for Older Adults and Persons with Disabilities: home-delivered meals, transportation, health care
- Youth and Child Care Programs: after school programs, summer camps, mentoring, protection services
- Regional Disaster Preparation
With one phone number, callers gain free, confidential access to thousands of programs and services that can help improve the quality of their lives. Help is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week by calling 2‑1‑1 (or 1-888-553-5778). TTY and language services are available in more than 170 languages and dialects.
For more information about us or our partners or PA 211 Southwest, please contact us directly at 2‑1‑1.